Monday, January 29, 2018

I Baptized Someone for the First Time!

Alright, so I realized that my emails are really crazy long, so I'm going to start doing a really quick overview at the beginning and go into more stuff later in the email.

Monday- just normal P-day (preparation day). Not much, but Alma asked me to baptize her during our lesson that night! So that was cool.

Tuesday- not very much happened, but we had a few lessons. That night, we went to Santa Fe for some paper work stuff the next day

Wednesday- first half was in Santa Fe doing the paperwork, or what is called traumitus. So just some paperwork to make sure I stay in the country. The second half was a few lessons and contacting.

Thursday- lesson with Pamela, who is new. She accepted to be baptized in a few weeks! Then during the interview for Alma's baptism, she brought a friend. We taught her, and she has a baptismal date in a few weeks also!

Friday- morning, we had a few lessons and handed out a few Libro de Mormon during contacting. That night, one lesson with a lady named Camela, she is being baptized in a few weeks too! Elder Mamani likes to challenge everyone to baptism. I feel like I'm in the best two years with Elder Calhoun!

Saturday- the whole day was devoted to the baptism and I baptized Alma! Really cool! We contacted people the rest of the night and didn't have much done.

Well I actually, I can't do much for a letter this week, I'm so sorry guys. I'll write more next week for sure.

Love,


Elder Haley


Alma at her baptism.  Like the artwork?



 the leaves of a different kind of tree are flipping huge



 My first haircut in Argentina.  I found the glasses in the pench.



Trees here called "arbol borracha" or drunk trees. they have these crazy spikes all over the branches and trunk. You should look them up


This is my pet scorpion that I found in the pench. Sadly, it died last night out of nowhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment