Tuesday, August 14, 2018

First Week in the New Area. Alright, but it’s going to be so much better.


Well, I still don’t have the keyboard, but we are looking forward to having my package come in sometime really soon. So this weeks email is going to be a little short too, because I don’t have too much time and because, honestly, not too much stuff happened this week. 

This week we were on divisions quite a bit because the other elders have investigators to visit and Elder Mario is still doing his physical therapy stuff in Santa Fe. So I was with Elder Delgado for a lot of the time this week. We were together more than I was with my actual compañero, so that was kinda tough, because I want to get more used to my area and actually figure out where some people live and get myself around the area. But, Elder Delgado and I still had quite a few teaching opportunities, so that was pretty good, even though they weren’t in my area. 

The first morning that Elder Loveridge and I did get to work together, we found a really sweet and super awesome guy named Jonathan. He is a total boss and is super interested in what we have to say. We’ve have only been able to teach him once, but It was a really good lesson and he accepted baptismal date. The only problem is that he lives in probably the sketchiest part of our area and we only go there in the mornings. So, we are hoping to find him again this coming week and keep teaching him more. He has a lot of potential, but the hardest part will probably be finding him in our limited time in his neighborhood and also getting him to the church building on Sundays. 

Oh yeah, speaking of which, I love church here. The members are awesome, not to mention that we have a ton of them. Church yesterday was probably one of the best experiences I’ve had on Sunday in a really long time. The classes were really good and I learned a lot. We have two wards here, like I’ve mentioned before, and both of the Bishops here are really young, really good, and very diligent. I am very glad to have so many good, helpful members ready to come with us to lessons or basically help us in any way they can. We also have a really good, young mission leader that we have plans to meet with today. 

Also, our district of missionaries is super cool and fun too. The sisters are both really awesome and the four Elders have lots of fun as neighbors. I’ve been playing quite a bit of chess with Elder Mario and Delgado in our free time. It has pretty fun and a good way to chill out and have some fun. 

But yeah, Elder Loveridge and I have had a lot of time to walk around and talk and that has been pretty fun. Elder Loveridge is from Cali and is a total Surfer Dude, but he also knows a lot about cars and engines and motos and stuff so he is teaching me a lot about that. But, he doesn’t know too much about hunting or fishing, so as a Nebraska Boy, I am teaching him a little about that. We are having a lot of fun and a lot of cool experiences. We have a lot to learn from each other, so we are trying to make this transfer count. 

My shoes. They are really good so far, but they are a lot heavier with the new soles. Also, I think I’ve basically destroyed these in soles that were mailed. A lot of walking!

Apparently my keyboard and package is in the offices so next weeks email will be a lot better. But I want to say thanks to all of you for the love and support that I have received. It’s always nice to get a small email and a little update on your guys' lives. Love you all and can’t wait for what this week has to offer.

Chao

Elder Haley


birthday party of a girl in the ward


Food.  Of course.


homemade pizzas



new, big, thick soles on my shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment