Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Sick and tired but still working hard...


Welp. This week was pretty normal. Not too much happen honestly. But to sum it all up really quickly, we walked a lot, knocked on a lot of doors, I got sick for a day or two but now I’m better, and we did divisions with Elder Urmston and Elder Allen. So yeah, that’s basically it. But I guess to make this email a little longer, I’ll fill you guys in on a few other details. 

So we have found a few new people to teach this week too. One guys name is Elias. He is super awesome. He has been meeting with the missionaries now for a while, but was never officially taking the lessons. But we found him after looking for him for a while and this week had a really great lesson. He is one of the only members in his family and says that he has always been a bit of a "rebel" and that’s why he never got baptized. But we are trying to help him understand the great need and the blessing that baptism is. We talked about the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, and the need for Temples. It was pretty in depth and he had some really great questions. Also, this coming week is his birthday and he invited us to have an asado with him, so we are pretty excited for that! I love some asado!

Then we also found a guy named Manuel. He works in the street as a food vendor. So we met him one night as we were buying some food from him for dinner and ended up talking to him for close to 30 minutes as he was working with his grill and everything, but also he talked to us about how he was really interested in hearing about the Church’s HUGE library of Family History information and that he would like to do some of his own family history work. We said Perfect! And then gave him a Book of Mormon, We hope we can help him progress and understand a little bit more about our beliefs and also help him with a few of his addictions. Somethings are pretty serious, but nothing is impossible!

Then also this week, like I said, we had divisions with the Zone Leaders. It was great. I went on divisions with Elder Allen, who is a new ZL this transfer. He is tearing up the mission with only 10 months in the mission. He is a great guy. A very mature, hard working missionary that only wants to help others. And while I was with him, he mentioned to me that he thought divisions were going to be a little awkward because he has so much less time then I do, but I really learned a lot from him about how to love everyone and just focus on serving the Lord. He is a great missionary and is going to do ever better things in the future! Not to mention that he reminds me of Pa! I swear, they could be close to the same person. If only I could have known Pa when he was a young missionary. 

But I would also like to take this time to mention Nana and Pa’s great and amazing decision to serve a full time service mission!! I am so proud of them and I personally can’t wait to hear about their experiences and the lives that they touch and change. I know that the time we have as missionaries is a very special and sacred time. Thank you for your example and, as always, for your love and support. 


Well, thats all I got for you guys this week. Thank you all!!

Chau
Elder Haley


I needed new brown shoes to wear to our conferences. These are super nice.  A few sweaters and a cool jacket.  Everything is so cheap here!



A haircut and birthday balloon!


Cyber Cafe and Elder Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment