Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Holy Transfers


Whelp. So here’s the big news. Right off the bat. Get ready for it.... Drum roll please....... I was transferred. I am now with Elder Smith. But a different one. He has been on the mission for about 5 months and is from Spokane Valley, Washington. The SAME town my Nana and Pa live in. Crazy! I am now in a new area. It is a small country town called San Cristobal. Its basically in the middle of nowhere and it’s a bit different than anything I’ve seen before. It reminds me a lot of Hernandarias, but a bit bigger and just not as pretty. But! It’s still super cool here. San Cristobal is also in the same zone as Rafaela. Actually, I came here once a long, long time ago when I had about 5 months in the mission. So quite a bit has happened since then. But, something really nuts about this area, is that they just took out the Sister Missionaries from the area, so now we are only two people, Elder Smith and I. So its basically just like Hernandarias, but in a different place. Hernandarias 2.0. OH, and I forgot to tell you guys, we are whitewashing. Refresher-whitewashing is when both missionaries are new to an area. So this is nuts. We are now absorbing the Hermanas area and we are working in the entire city. So its quite the change, but Elder Smith and I are excited to work hard and get some people baptized. 

This last week in Esmeralda was quite the hoot. We were doing a lot of things. It was Elder Smiths birthday on Saturday, we had a goodbye dinner for Elder Urmston, and also I had to say goodbye to a few people. Saying good bye to Juan was tough, but it wasn’t the hardest thing ever. I know that he will be okay with Elder Smith there still. It was a busy week and I honestly can’t remember too much.

But, yesterday was a pretty crazy day. I was literally in the Terminal for the Buses alllllll day. And it was pretty long, but it was great because got to see a bunch of old friends and catch up and hear fun stories and laugh a LOT. But for most of the day I was just hanging out with Elder Robinson. I also was able to see Elder Casamona, one of my old companions!! I didn’t even think that I was going to see him. It was great to catch up and just have a good time. I jumped over bags running over to him! It was so great! As I am looking over the shoulder of my comp as he talks to Elder Robinson, he said something about the Sons of Mosiah. It’s so funny and so true. When Alma met up with the Sons of Mosiah after years of not seeing each other, they were so happy that Ammon literally passed out. I can relate to that a bit, even if I didn’t pass out, but I love the mission and the friendships that I have made. I have met some of the greatest people ever, both other missionaries and the people that we work with. I love the joy that I can feel as I share the gospel and also pass time with some of my best friends ever. I love being a missionary.

So yeah. That's basically it. And just now as I am writing this email, I was told that the apartment that we have just unloaded all of our stuff into is going to be remodeled for a few days so we are going to have to re pack our things and get into the other pench that is technically ours also hahahah. But yeah. Thank you all for reading and supporting!

Chau
Elder Haley


Last meal with Elder Smith


Goodbye to Juan





Goodbye Elder Smith


Goodbye Elder Urmston



Elder Casamona.  I was so excited I jumped over bags to give him a hug!





Elder Robinson, by buddy


My new Elder Smith companion



No comments:

Post a Comment