Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Working with the Menos Activos


Hi

This week was a pretty decent one. We are seeing some blessings here in San Cristobal and having a bit more success!!

So this week we had divisions with the Zone Leaders here in San Cristobal. They helped us find a few new people to teach and Elder Packer helped us find a few of the people that the other Elders had be teaching but that we weren't able to find. So that was a good time, especially to have some time with other missionaries. Being the only two missionaries here in the entire town is a bit tough. I love Smith, but we need more people here hahaha. But other than that, they were here for about a day and we had a good time with them. 

Another thing that happened this week was a small activity that we did with a few members from Rafaela. The District President, Presidente Peralta (who was also my Branch President during my times in Rafaela) came with his second counselor and a few other people to help us and a few members here in San Cristobal go and visit a bunch of less active members. We could only work for about 2 hours or so, but it was really good! And we saw the fruits of the efforts! Yesterday in church, we had 18 people come!! So that was about 10+ people than what we had last week! Amazing! So we are starting to see a bit of improvement and progress in that part of the work.

Sadly, we still don't have too many investigadores that we are teaching. We are having a bit of luck and success teaching first lessons, but its just really hard to find them again for the second visit. But don't worry! We are trying our hardest to be able to find the people that are prepared here in San Cristobal. The field is white, and we are thrusting in our sickles. 

Also, last week as we were visiting a Sister, I noticed that she had 3-4 copies of the Saints book in her house. I asked her why she had so many, and she said that she was going to offer them to the other sister missionaries that we replaced. But she offered them to us instead! So now I'm reading Saints! I was going to wait until I got back to read it, but this is even better! Haha I can't believe just how awesome the book is. There are so many great stories that we can find and truths that we are taught through the experiences that the early Saints had. I love the diligence and faith that they had in the first few years of starting the Church. To think that if they hadn't worked as hard as they did, we would not have the blessed opportunity to now have the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I appreciate the sacrifices that those faithful early Saints had. 

As I have been reading Saints and working here in San Cristobal, I have been reminded of two things, both of them being in Ether 12. First, that Life is not easy. Like it says in verse 27, God lets us have trials and problems in our lives to help us learn and grow. I have seen that in my own life, and as a missionary, and in the lives of others. I understand that God does not want us to hurt or feel punished, but that through our trials we can grow to be better people and better disciples. And second, found in verse 12, that God will only come to us, show himself to us, and work miracles among us, if we first have faith in Him. Like in the stories found in Saints. The Saints were persecuted and mobbed, but when they showed faith, they were saved from their afflictions. 

I know that in our lives we have trials and challenges to help us learn to trust God and become more like He is. I know that these things are true. And I so testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

Thank you all for all that you do!! Love you all!


Chau
Elder Haley






We like food!




Package arrived after almost 3 months! S'mores! I put the insoles in my shoes before taking a picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment