Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Since when is eating ice cream stressful?


Alright quick story. Yesterday it was really, really, really hot and so we decided to take a few minutes to go and get some ice cream and try to fight of the heat. So we got the ice cream, I had 3 scoops in total, one of Chocolate Peanut Crunch, one of Tramontana, and one of Cherry Cream. So we walk out of the ice cream place and go to sit down somewhere to eat the ice cream. But! Not even 5 steps out of the ice cream place my ice cream starts to melt all over my hand! So we hurry over to a bench and start eating but my ice cream is melting faster than I can eat it! So I was a bit stressed eating my ice cream and pretty upset about the entire situation. Why does it have to be so hot again already?

Well! This has been a pretty good week! It was the last week of the transfer, so we had our Deep Cleaning on Saturday and we have now officially started this new transfer. And not to sound trunky, but if I’m correct, this is now my last transfer of the mission. The last 6 weeks... It’s crazy to think about, but it’s a great motivation. A good reason to kick it up a gear and end the mission like the end of the 400m race. I can’t put into words the mix of emotions that I have right now. But why am I talking about that?? I still have 6 weeks hahaha!! I stayed in San Cristobal with Elder Smith.

Other news for the transfers! Elder Robinson is officially a dead man-a goofy term used when a missionary is finished with their mission and goes home! He is currently returning home in the exact moment that I am writing this email. So CONGRATS TO HIM!! Love you buddy. And Elder Moore is going to be training in his area, which just happens to be my first area!! Rafaela! So that is super cool. I’ll be able to see my trainee train his own trainee in the area that my trainer trained me as his trainee. Did you get that? Haha AND! This transfer we are going to have 2 other Elders here in San Cristobal. Hooray!

Yesterday was also the last day of Alexis, or should I say, the first day for Elder Lisardo! Alexis has officially started his mission! He is going to the Brazil Florianopolis Mission. He is going to do great and I cant wait to hear about his experiences. It was fun to see him be nervous and anxious and see in him my same feelings about 2 years ago. 

But once again this week there was another Book of Mormon video!! So I’ll drop the url in right..... HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVzRaLuzJ2I

As I end this email, I would like to share with you all my feelings on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have come to know my Savior and Redeemer more during these last 2 years than I ever have before. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has always been something very close to me in the way that Jesus suffered for my own sins and for all of us. I have come to learn that through the power of Grace, which is available through the Atonement, that I can have my own efforts amplified. As I work my hardest, Christ takes my efforts, and puts His own power to my efforts. I am so grateful for this enabling power that I have thanks to Christ and know that it is through this power that I can do things to help other people. 

Thank you all for reading and hope you have a good week!!

Chau

Elder Haley


Last supper with Alexis before leaving on his mission



I gave him one of my favorite ties!







No comments:

Post a Comment