Tuesday, October 8, 2019

General Conference! Yes!


Howdy Yall,

This week was a bit different than last. It was a bit chilly and rainy, but it is all going well. We are working hard to be able to find new people to teach while at the same time trying to get even more people activated in the church again. This week we had a lot of really good contacts and we hope to be able to meet with them again this week and get some lessons taught. 

Before I forget, this is the new video for the Book of Mormon that was released this week. I promise you all that if you watch it, you will feel the Spirit of the Lord and you will be comforted in your own afflictions. 


I really love the story that they showed this week. The faith and courage that Ishmael and his household needed to have to leave everything that they had and be able to obey God's will and plan for them is amazing and really admirable. I really love that they were humble enough to hear what was hard to hear and follow with faith and love for the Lord. 

Also, this week was General Conference!! I loved Conference this time around. I do every time! I cant explain the love that I have for the Prophet Russell M. Nelson. I cant express enough the fact that he is the only one that receives revelation for the entire church but at the same time be able to direct his messages to everyone as a single person. I love his faith and knowledge. I cant wait to hear what he and the other apostles and leaders of the Church have in store for us in April. 

Having the other Elders here is really nice as well. The newest Elder is Elder Burchell, a really good guy from Utah who is ready to work hard and serve the Lord. I love his energy and enthusiasm. I think he and Elder Ramirez are going to do some good work here in San Cristobal. Working in a smaller area is nice and relieves a big load. But also Presidente Lisardo is currently in Jujuy, a different Province that is across the entire country. He had an emergency with his brother who is really sick and had to leave for what can be up to 2 weeks. So please pray for him to stay safe while he is gone and that he can come back soon, because if not, I might end up having to direct Sacrament Meeting this coming week!

Thank you all for reading and quédense en la fe!!

Chau
Elder Haley





No comments:

Post a Comment