Monday, April 23, 2018

Spanish, ping pong and Tobias


Holy smokes, what a Pday. It’s been a little stressful but I’m just going to highlight the stuff of this week

For the most part, we didn’t find anyone new to teach this week. We have a few futuros investigadores, but that’s about it. We were looking through all of our carpeta de area`s because we technically have two areas to work with. So we do have a whole bunch of people we can talk to, but sadly, none of them want to talk to us. So that’s lame and kind of hard, but we are trying to stay positive and hard working. 

We had an activity this week for our branch and the other two branches here in Rafaela. At first, it wasn’t too fun because no one showed up, but then it turned out to be really cool when more people showed up. We had a bunch of games and food which always makes for a good time. I sent a bunch of pictures.  Yes, that is sweat on my face playing ping pong.  It is flipping hot here!

The Zone Leaders had a baptism this Saturday! It awesome to see more souls accepting the Gospel! The kids name was Tobias. He has 8 years and is a complete stud. Love the kid. But one of the parts of Saturday that was almost as big and remembral was the ZL’s haircuts. They got theirs done at a different place than they usually go to and it turned out terrible. Elder Duval looks like a flipping Military guy and Elder Peña just got his hairline wrecked. Its seriously the funniest thing ever. On Sunday, all of the members of our branch and the ZL’s branch were making so much fun of them. It’s so funny. I had to send you a picture of this also.

That reminds me, on Sunday, we were pleased to hear a farewell talk by HNO Josue Rohrmann, one of the guys in our Branch. He’s going to make a great missionary down in El Salvador. Oh dang. I guess from where I am right now, it’s actually UP in El Salvador. 

Also, from a few weeks ago. What is tramitus? Traumitus is the paperwork stuff we have to do to stay in the country, but you usually only have to do it twice for your entire mission. Lucas isn’t progressing too well right now, but prayers always work.  We are praying he can find a new job so he can come to church and bring his family.

But that reminds me of another thing, sometimes it really crazy and weird to think that I’m actually here in Argentina. I love it here. It’s really weird and hard to explain. But at other times, it’s so real and hits me right in the face.

But yeah.

Some other small things. The weather this week has been terrible. The week before, it was cold, rainy, and wonderful. But this last week, its been hot, humid, and killer. But it’s all just part of the mission I guess. Oh yeah, I also tried to pay for some pictures today, but I guess one of the bills I used was a fake 100 peso bill. So that was funny and I am going to save it forever.

As far as the Spanish, I’m at the point that I can talk to just about anyone and understand just about everything they say. So that is amazing. The gift of tongues is real and prayer works. 

Other things of note, I’m addicted to facturas, or little pastry like doughnuts that are sold literally everywhere here, and my comp and I are getting along really well. We are just trying hard to work hard and not getting too much done, but still working at working hard. But we know that with all the prayers and faith of us and you guys back home, we are capable of doing anything. 

So yeah. good stuff. 

Well. That’s about it. Love you all and thanks for everything, especially the prayers and emails. 

Ciao

Elder Haley




Sweaty playing Ping Pong!



Having fun at our Branch activity!




Elder Robinson and kids from church



Tobia's baptism!


Elder Duval's terrible haircut!



Lunch with Hermano Deck.  Guarana...my favorite!


Now, that is a glass of Tang!


All of mom's letters finally arrived after several months.  Thanks for sending the quotes.  Especially the ones in Spanish. I have been handing them out and they love them.  This is my nice desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment