Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Holy Freaking Conference!!


Well yeah. So this was a pretty crazy week, but it ended really, really well. 

On Tuesday, we had to leave for Santa Fe at about 4:00 in the afternoon so we didn’t get too much work done. But for the rest of the night, I met a lot of really cool guys. We had to go to Santa Fe because I had tramites (formalities) in Rosario the next day. But when we got there, to the office, all the ZLs and Assistants and Hermana Capasadoras were having a big ole leader council. So afterwards, I met a lot of really cool missionaries and got to talk to President Perez for like 30 seconds. He had a lot of interviews to do. But that was really cool. Then the next morning, we got up really freaking early so we could travel to Rosario, which is about 2.5 to 3 hours away. The bus rides here are kinda lame, but also kinda cool. Once you get out of the cities, the area around here looks so much like Nebraska. Super flat, except here they actually have trees. In Rosario, all we did was wait in the Tramitus place for a few hours. I talked with an Elder from my group, or the Group of Missionaries that get to the mission field at the same time. His name is Elder Trau and his Spanish is crazy freaking awesome, so that was really cool, because it gave me a good reason to be humble and start working even harder on my Spanish. But other than that stuff, we didn’t do anything. We saw a really crazy drunk guy outside the bus Terminal in Santa Fe that was standing in the middle of the road, yelling at the buses to kill him and just make it all end. So that was crazy. 

Then the rest of the week, nothing happened until the amazing and powerful General Conference. We had General Conference in our church building and it was really cool. All of the missionaries had lots of investigators who showed up and that was cool. The conference, was sadly in Spanish. So that was kind of lame because I couldn’t understand anything. Okay. Alright. I probably could have understood a lot more, but the English voice in my head was still on, a little more quiet, but I could still hear it. So I was fighting with my ears, trying to listen to only one language, but it was tough. I had a headache by the end of each session. But I still learned quite a bit, and felt the spirit in high voltage, especially in the sustaining President Nelson part. That was flippin crazy. I had to fight really hard to not just start bawling. But the end of conference when they announced the new temples was really cool too. The new Argentina Temple is pretty far away from here, but it’s still cool. I think I’m more excited for the Russia Temple more than anything. That is just crazy cool.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference?cid=HP_SU-1-4-2018_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

And another point of interest, I learned this week that I’m actually not going to be training this transfer. It turns out that President Perez just tells all of the new guys that to help them study more and get their butts into “missionary “shape faster. I will say that his strategy does work. So I was a little disappointed, but more relieved than anything. So I have a new companion, Elder Robinson. He’s from Utah, or as the Argentines call it, La Fabrica. He’s actually from Layton, UT, where they just announced a new temple. But he is super awesome. We are getting a long really well, which is a nice change from last two transfers. But he only has one more transfer more than me in the mission. So we are both learning, but are ready to get out, baptize people, and have fun while doing it. I am still in Rafaela. 

So yeah. A really nice end to the week. I can’t wait for the rest of this week. We are going to be doing a lot with our Branch President and Mission Leader in the next little bit of time, and I am really ready to just start working hard. 

Love, 

Elder Haley


Asados we ate this week.



My new companion, Elder Robinson



Group that went to Rosario together


My Easter package!



I tried to "color eggs"








Lucas.  


Elder Duval and Lucas


Lucas fed us pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment